- About Us
- What We Do
- Start a Station
- Get Involved
- Station Support
- Press & Archives
Engineering Services for Low Power FM Applications
Prometheus is now able to provide several types of engineering services for LPFM applicants. Fees and services are listed below. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
$500 - Feasibility Study and Engineering Referral
Prometheus Radio Project will run an initial channel search and tower site location check. We will provide specific information about the available frequencies and information about complexity of cases, including an explanation of waivers needed for Red and Yellow channels, and referral to a qualified engineer.
- Client provides possible tower site location. If you have possible tower sites in mind, we will run the search and will create a report on the availability and complexity of cases.
- Client doesn’t have possible tower site but knows their desired coverage area. PRP will run a search on ideal possible tower sites based on the information provided by client, including detailed information about terrain, height of suggested structures for tower sites, and possible other data. Applicant must provide this information for a better performance of assessment.
- PRP will prepare a report based on possible available channels and locations that includes explanations of types of engineering exhibits required for the application. Applicant would be able to present this report to an engineer that would be able to perform technical study and create the engineering waiver for the application.
- We will provide guidance on how to secure reasonable assurance for your transmitter site.
- We will provide educational materials for the applicant as well as resources to contact an engineer.
$40/hr - Engineering services to perform technical waivers for Form 318
A Prometheus Radio Project engineer will complete the technical portion of your low power FM application.
We need preliminary information to be able to determine the complexity of your case and to assess capacity in our end to complete the waiver, and will be able to give you a price quote based on the information provided. If we can’t take the case we will provide you with a list of qualified engineers that are qualified to complete the waiver.
If you require an outside we recommend our Feasibility study package referred above, to prepare what you will need for the study. Many outside engineers will perform an initial assessment he will charge for his services even if they are not able to complete the waiver.
Types of waivers we are able to perform:
- Second-adjacent contour waiver exhibit
- Second-adjacent d/u exhibit
- Translator input-protection exhibit
Note: We will be able to perform Translator input-protection exhibits if the data is been provided by the FCC database. In cases when the information is not available we may have to refer you to an outside engineer.
For more information on these specific services please contact us at email@example.com